Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"I do."

As we walk down the aisle together
we will vow to be together 'til we die.
So in love are we two,
just can't wait to say, "I do," 
So in love,
in a world of our own.






I, Anne, take you, Andre, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

Nine years ago, Thanksgiving Day fell on November 27th.
What better way to celebrate a day filled with thankfulness for all of God's blessings, then to celebrate by promising yourself to one of the greatest blessings of all in your life?

Nine years ago, D and I stood in front of a collection of family (mostly mine, some of his) and friends, and vowed to stay together all the days of our lives.

And we meant it.

We have seen good times, and we have seen bad times.
We have seen sickness, and we have seen health.

And may we have many, many, many more days of our lives.

It has not been an easy road, these last 9 years. 
We have faced several struggles that seemed insurmountable: and yet here we are.

It is our commitment that has kept us moving forward every. single. day. It is the reminder that we promised to spend our lives together "until death do us part" that helps us to keep working on our marriage, even when things seem bleak. 

And when all is said and done, we're blessed with a joy and a comfort in knowing we made the right choice: in knowing that with God's help, we can overcome any obstacles in our marriage.

--Mark 10:8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!