Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I fell off the face of the Earth.

But I'm back! Hopefully I haven't lost ALL of my readers.

Finding a work-life-mother-wife-BLOGGER balance has proved to be difficult.I just can't find the time. I wonder how other mom bloggers do it. Schedule it into their day? Blog during their 10-minute break at work? Get up early just to blog?

Last week was the most insane week ever. I had a really wacky schedule (worked 9-2, then 5:30-9) every single day. It was chaotic with the kids schedules, I felt like I never really saw them until I was shooing them to bed, and Dois had a really hard time with me picking him up from daycare only to turn around and drop him in someone else's arms for a few hours. I am SO glad it's over with.

In general I have just felt burnt out lately. I'm always on the move. My to-do list is always longer than the amount of minutes in a day. I feel like I'm "not enough" in so many respects...

Last night, on my "night off" (the night when D takes the kids while I go out and do whatever), I decided to go see The Hunger Games at the $3 theater in town. I devoured the books in a week and loved them, and was curious about the movie. I knew it wouldn't be as good as the books. Harry Potter taught me that (specifically, the last Harry Potter movie--when reading the book my heart was pounding with excitement while I read through The Battle of Hogwarts, but the movie failed to capture the action, suspense, and excitement as well). I knew I wouldn't be on the edge of my seat, but I hoped for at least a good show. It was just OK. I think what's bugging me lately is how cinematography has changed (and in my eyes, not for the better). Looking at movies from the 70s and 80s if a movie had a battle scene they actually showed the battle... it seems like lately whenever I watch a movie that has a lot of fighting action in it, all the cameraman really does is sway his camera left, right, up, down, back, forth, whatever, while noises of fights and glimpses of skin pass by. It's rather nauseating. And it makes me think the director must not be too good if he can't capture action, suspense, etc. without shaking things up like that.

Oh well, it was nice to have a few hours of uninterrupted movie-watching. I need to take myself to the movies more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!