Friday, April 20, 2012

Welcome to my blog!

What kind of mom are you?

There are so many labels out there for parenting nowadays. Helicopter parenting. Permissive parenting. Positive parenting. Attachment parenting.

When I gave birth to my daughter 7.5 years ago, I had an idea in my mind of what "perfect parenting" would look like.

And then pretty quickly, as her own unique personality developed, it all was blown out of the water.

I struggled to define myself as a mother. I didn't fit in any particular box.

I started calling myself a "whatever works" mother. In fact, I think that's the most accurate description of the type of parenting I practice. Whatever works.

And upon meeting the tiny bundle of joy known as my son 16 months ago, I learned that "whatever works" can be different from child to child.

I hope to use this blog as a peek into our everyday lives, as a means of sharing my own experience of motherhood, and to walk the path with so many other mom-bloggers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!