Thursday, September 13, 2012

7 Quick Takes: Quirky edition!

Thanks to Camp Patton for standing in this week for ConversionDiary's Quick Takes!
Just for fun I'd give you 7 of my quirks for quick takes...

--1--
My work has a kitchen with paper plates, paper cups, utensils, etc. I never take from the top of the pile. I always take the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. down. Why? Because the top item has been touched by other hands. And I'm weird and don't want other people's hands on my stuff. I wash the plastic utensils before using them, too, because someone touched them to put them in the tray.

--2--
I also don't use the first square of TP in a roll in a public bathroom, for the exact same reason.

--3--
I have an obsession with Ticonderoga #2 pencils. I love the smell of them when they're freshly sharpened. I love how smooooth they feel when I write with them. I don't use any other pencils at all.

--4--
I don't like to be hugged or touched unless it's by someone I consider a relative or close friend. This has made me the joke of some of my coworkers in times of elation. 

--5--
Did your mom ever tell you that you should have on clean underwear every day in case you get in an accident and the EMT discovers you're wearing dirty underwear? No? Well, mine did. And in my adult life, I've taken it a step further. My underwear and bra have to match ALL THE TIME. If I find a bra I love and matching panties don't exist, I don't buy it. If one of the set gets ripped/damaged, they both get tossed.

--6--
I wear jeans and hoodies a lot. Even to work. I feel completely out of place in a dress or anything dressy. Sometimes I buy dressy clothes in hopes of feeling better in them, but I never do. Comfort wins over style every time in my book.

--7--
I realized just how OCD-like so many of my quirks are. Whoops! Time to share some of YOUR quirks, so I don't feel so bad!

5 comments:

  1. you know that scene in "as good as it gets" where you see the jars of sorted m&m's in jack nicholson's apartment? yeah... that's totally me. i sort them (and anything else like skittles and jellybeans) by flavor, color, and number. my coworkers used to laugh at me when i would eat jellybeans for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just stumbled on your blog through Quick Takes and I must say, your quirks sound very sensible indeed. I have been trying to do the whole match-bra-with-briefs thing for years, but then I see a nice pair of briefs and I just buy it... I have enough underwear to last me two months solid, but nearly not enough bras! Maybe I should go shopping... :-p

    Great read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I'm tempted to do this next week for 7QT, but I'm not sure I can come up with 7 that don't make me sound completely insane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to eat my candy in either odd amounts or even amounts (depending on my mood)...so each handful will have a pre-determined odd or even amount. I blame an old baby sitter for this one.

    I don't like to touch my husband when I'm sleeping...back off...makes me sweaty...only when I'm ready to sleep though ;-)

    I bless my kids on the forehead any time we part...makes my teen boys a little crazy but they put up with it...my girls still ask for it....I'm a little wigged out if I can't do it, and sometimes I do it to my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling VERY out of place in this comment section as I have NO weird quirks like these...I did have someone tell me you are not organized unless all your pants are together and all your shirts are organized together in your closet I told them that is OCD and I'm WAY too lazy for that nonsense hahahaha I think that is my problem I am soooo LAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!