Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Answered prayers.

Last night I was feeling down-in-the-dumps. I feel like our lives are at a standstill right now, and I like it more when things are moving. I'm not good with life being the same for too long... I don't know why. I'm not good at transitions and yet at the same time when things are stagnant, I get restless. I prayed and journaled about it. I couldn't believe the feelings unearthed inside of me--some were rather resentful and poisonous. I brought the feelings of my heart to God and just asked Him to help me work through it.

This morning, on my way to work, I prayed a Rosary and just prayed for D's mind and heart to be opened a little more to some of the things we've been discussing lately. While I say I'm not good at the whole "let go and let God" thing, D is even worse at it. He has a strong desire to feel in control. I asked God to please help him open up his heart more to His will, and to also open mind and help me to see if what I THINK am feeling is God's will actually IS God's will (I doubt myself way too much).

Well, I got to work this morning and there was an e-mail in my inbox from D. He just told me I was awesome (his words) and that he loved me so much and that I have been "more than great lately" and he thanked me. I felt like when the Grinch's heart grows and grows and grows. (Words of Affirmation are my primary Love Language, obviously!)

While it didn't directly relate to what I was praying for, the timing couldn't have been more perfect. It put me at ease and was God's way of saying, "Hang in there, Anne, I'm taking care of things."

How have you experienced answered prayer in your life recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!