Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A mother's heart.

Dois has a cold, and it's breaking my heart.

Nobody told me before I became a mom, how deeply connected I would feel to my children. Sure, I had an idea... but I wasn't prepared for this.

I had no idea that when my child looked me in the eyes, pleading to Please make it better and I couldn't, my heart would break.

I had no idea that when a cough racked my child's chest and brought tears to his eyes, that my helplessness would tear me apart inside.

I had no idea that the fact that the ONLY thing I can do, after I've exhausted ALL efforts to comfort my children, is to pray and plead with God to intercede and help where I can't.

My heart goes out to mothers who witness their child struggling with something far worse than a cold or a virus. I keep them in my prayers especially today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!