Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Consequences

I realized something today while preparing some future blog posts--in some ways, by posting my own photo and first name, as well as my children's names and photos, I have "identified" myself. Now, I'm not sure there's enough info on this blog about me to actually FIGURE OUT who I am, but nonetheless I am more exposed today than I was, say, a month ago.

I don't like the idea of blogging behind a screen and constantly wearing "masks"--it feels unrelatable, and I'm sure it can feel like that to the reader as well.

But as I sat down tonight to start writing the nitty gritty of my experiences with the Catholic Church, I realized that some day someone I know COULD find this blog. How? I don't know... but it's possible. And if that happens, how would they feel about what they read, especially if there is an allusion (without directly naming) to them?

I'm trying to write my heart and yet I'm censoring it... and I don't know how I feel about that. I know that exposure makes me feel vulnerable, but exposure also makes me feel welcomed (if that makes sense).

Just my thoughts on blogging tonight. Stay tuned, though, I've got some good things on the horizon...

1 comment:

  1. This has been my biggest struggle thus far with blogging. I hate putting pictures of my son out there for the entire world to see, but on the other hand, I can't really do a blog about the Adventures of Captain Destructo without including pics. I just pray that God doesn't let any pictures fall into someones hands that shouldn't have them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!