Thursday, December 6, 2012

24 Days of Christmas: Day 6

Today's activity was to go buy the gifts for our angel tags that we got off of the tree at our church. We had selected a 1-year-old boy, a 2-year-old boy, an 8-year-old girl, and a tag to provide some supplies for a transitional living center.

What was really eye-opening was how as we shopped for people who had so little, Bebe had THE WORST case of the "gimmes." "Can I have this?" "Oh I really want this!" "Can you just buy me this?" It was really, really hard to be patient. I just kept reminding her that we were shopping for people who had so little, when she has so much.

D and I realize that we went way off track for Bebe when it comes to gratitude and appreciating what she has. It's a struggle every day to get her to realize that there are people out there with much less. The childhoods we had are just a story, an illustration to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!