Monday, December 10, 2012

24 Days of Christmas: Day 9

Today's task was for Bebe to choose 10 coins from her bank for the bell ringer/Salvation Army kettle. I think next year I need to up the ante on this one. 10 coins seemed like SO MUCH when she was 4 or 5, but now that she's 8, she understands that it doesn't go far--so we added a little bit more to the kettle.

We talked about the sort of donations the money goes towards--she asked if the SA would buy someone a house. In our expensive little area of the country, I explained to her how the SA could spread out its resources to many people instead of buying ONE house for one person/family. We talked about fairness and also about resourcefulness.




(Note: The kettle photo is a stock photo, as the bell-ringer didn't feel comfortable being photographed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!