Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hanging up the... computer?

I don't remember when I started this blog... Some time earlier this year... 109 posts ago.

When I started this blog, I did so because I wanted to create a space for all of the middle-of-the-road (or "Whatever Works") moms out there, whose parenting philosophies didn't really align with any particular school of thought. I also wanted to display the life of a working Catholic mother who tried to juggle it all. Admittedly, I wanted to be able to say, "Hey! It can be done! Here I am doing it! See? No problem!"

Between working full-time, taking care of the two kiddos once I got home from work, and other aspects of family life, finding the time to blog has been challenging. Sometimes I blogged from work. Other times I ignored pressing chores like dishes or laundry to post. Sometimes I let the TV babysit the kids for a while as I sat down to blog. Sometimes I rattled off a post at midnight.

I love the idea of a blog. But the reality is, I just can't do one myself. For a while I tried posting daily, tried participating in link-ups and connecting to people via Twitter. And it was awesome. But the more I got into it, the more other aspects of my life got neglected. Not cool.

The New Year is upon us, and when asked what my resolution is, my response is:

To focus on what matters most and 
stop getting too caught up in trivial things.

So what matters most? 
1. My faith.
2. My family.

What are the trivial things?
1. Facebook.
2. Twitter.
3. This blog.



Thanks to those of you who have been following. Hopefully you won't stop, so when I return, you'll be here.   

  
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!