Friday, May 4, 2012

All's fair in love and workouts....

Dois hates our gym childcare with a passion. The tears start as soon as I start turning the doorknob to go in. I confess, it's gotten to the point where I've given up trying.
But this week I've felt like a blob and really wanted to get a workout in, so I decided to give the gym childcare another try. He walked in hesitantly with me, cried whenever a worker approached him, but also found some toys that interested him and got to work. Bebe sat down with him and I was able to sneak out so easily that it surprised me.

10 minutes on the elliptical and suddenly I hear,
"Anne to child care. Anne to child care, please."

I got off the elliptical and walked down the hall thinking, "I knew that was too good to be true." As I opened the childcare door, I was completely confused, as Dois was standing there in the middle of the room not crying at all. I walked in, puzzled, and the worker closest to me says, "He pooped." Well, of course he did. His stealth attempt to sabotage my workout... but I would not be defeated! I changed him quickly, shushed his whimpers as I sent him back to play, and went back to work out.

The rest of the night went surprisingly well. I don't know what changed. It was MUCH quieter/calmer at the childcare yesterday. Or is it just that he's gotten older/more mature?

Who knows. Whatever it was, I'm glad I got a workout in... although how my legs feel today are a reminder that I should be doing so more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!