Wednesday, May 9, 2012

For the love of houseguests.

My parents arrived yesterday from the East Coast. Bebe was excited to see them, while Dois was completely clueless (we last saw them when he was 3 months old). We Skype with them occasionally, but having them there in-person is a lot different. When we walked in the house, Dois was stand-offish, but after handing my dad his favorite snack (a cracker) and my mom his favorite toy, it didn't take much to get him to approach them to claim the goods. :-)

We enjoyed a really nice sit-down dinner (a rarity for us, sadly) prepared by D. Bebe chatted up a storm, Dois played silly with his Papa, and after putting Dois to bed the rest of us sat down for a game of Apples to Apples Jr.

It was a really, really nice night.

This morning, though, things were very off. Dois woke up at 5:45am and cried (usually he talks and then falls back to sleep). D tried to go and comfort him, but he was up for the morning. When my parents woke up, he greeted them happily, but the rest of the morning Dois seemed annoyed by their presence. They couldn't look at him without making him mad or upset. It was very... odd. I'm sure it's going to take getting used to--two extra people around. And just when he's used to it, they'll board a plane and go home.

If my posts are more scattered in the next few days, that's why. I'm juggling work, the kids, and everything we usually do, PLUS my parents being here, PLUS Bebe's First Communion is Sunday (and it's Mother's Day).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!