Friday, May 11, 2012

When man plans...

Have you ever heard the saying, "When man plans, God laughs."? Someone told me that years ago, and whenever something I plan goes wrong, I hear this statement over and over in my mind.

Yesterday there was a plan. Bebe had rehearsal for her First Communion, and then I was taking the kids and my parents (here for the aforementioned First Communion) to the portrait studio for a sitting. You see, when Dois was 6 months old their other grandmother visited us and we had pictures taken with HER. I had this GREAT idea to do a similar picture/pose with my parents so that we could put them side-by-side in a frame. Yeah, I know, all too picturesque.

So we hop in the car and head to the portrait studio. We didn't have time for dinner but I made my best effort to have them filled with snacks to buy us time before dinner. We got there, dressed, and when the photographer starts to set up the shot, Dois FLIPS OUT. He doesn't want to be touched, looked at, or even talked about. Complete and total meltdown mode! I tried to suggest other poses or setups that involved him just standing nearby, but yeah, wasn't happening. So that was plan #1 that God laughed at (and we rescheduled for tomorrow--let's hope it goes better, because they leave on Tuesday!).

Today there was a plan. I only had one day of vacation to use for the entire week my parents are here. I decided that I would take today (Friday) as my day off. Monday was the other option, but I don't recall why I opted for today. Anyway, the plan was to send the kids off to school/daycare until 2pm so that I could do some very important errands to prepare for this weekend. Then I would pick them up and we'd all go somewhere fun for the afternoon/evening. Bowling, mini-golf, whatever.

At 6am this morning, Dois woke up and was making noises. Bebe, sharing a room with him temporarily for the week, woke up. Over the monitor I heard her tell him, "Shhhh Dois, Sissy is just going to tell Mommy and Daddy that she doesn't feel well." Oh boy. She tip-toes into our room and I notice she has a fever. Sick child #1. Then I go see our screaming banshee of a child named Dois, and he's got boogers plastered ALL OVER his face. Sick child #2. Then my parents get up and my dad's nose is running, his eyes are glassy, etc. Sick child #3. (Yes I know he's a grown up but the way he acted all day makes him a child.)

So we all stayed home. ALL. DAY. LONG.

I hope God's enjoying this one, because I sure didn't. I am bored out of my mind. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I'm not up for anymore laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, you've reached Anne. I'm not able to answer my blog right now, but leave your name and a message after the click, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!